Hi everyone! It is so important for us to spend time together as a family these days. I wanted to remind you that family time doesn’t have to cost a lot of money, but it is so important. Your kids will never forget these times, you are making memories with your kids every single day. We need to choose to make those memories great for our kids!
I think that every family should have a special “Family Time” set aside and it can be whenever works best for your family. It doesn’t have to be every week, it could maybe even be once or twice a month. What would be super fun for the kids is to have them involved in deciding what your going to do for family time. You could come up with a Bucket List of things that you want to do together and check them off as you go or have it be a different child’s turn to choose each time. Whatever works for your family!
To get you started, I have come up with a list of 20 fun and inexpensive ideas:
1. Family Movie Night & Popcorn. You can get all kinds of movies free from the library or if you have Netflix, just pick one the whole family can watch and make some popcorn! Even with Redbox, the latest movies are less than $2.
2. Go to a local park and walk the trail.
3. Go out for a snow cone/shaved ice.
4. Family Game Night with board games or video games.
5. Work on putting a puzzle together as a family.
6. Work on a project around the house together.
7. Build something together, like a bird house or bird feeder.
8. Go out for an ice cream cone.
9. Plant flower seeds.
10. Wash the car together, then have a treat afterwards.
11. Make homemade pizza together, then watch a TV show or movie.
12. Go to a park for a picnic lunch.
13. Play a sport together: like basketball, football, soccer.
14. Be creative together: color, paint, make a craft.
15. Look at baby pictures. It would be fun to look at mom & dad’s baby pictures then the kids and compare who looks like who, etc.
16. Bake cookies.
17. Make S’mores over a fire in the backyard or even in the microwave.
18. Go for a bike ride.
19. Make a Family Tree.
20. Start a collection that the whole family can work together on.
I hope that these ideas will help get your juices flowing about what kinds of easy and fun activities that you can do with your kids as a family! Don’t forget, these little ones will grow so fast and we want to cherish every moment and make as many wonderful memories as possible!
What are your favorite family time activities? I’d love to hear from you! Please feel free to comment.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”