For as long as I can remember I have always loved looking at cookbooks. I have collected so many over the years. I remember my mom’s great big orange Betty Crocker cookbook. I spent hours looking at it. Then when I was about 16, I asked for a cookbook for Christmas and my mom got me the latest version of Betty Crocker. I loved that thing! I bet I drove my family nuts trying different recipes, but I have always loved to cook and trying new recipes always excites me!
Here is my current cookbook collection:
It seems like we almost don’t need cookbooks much anymore, since you can just type in what you’re looking for and have it at your finger tips in a minute. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pinterest, but I feel like something is lost in that because when we’re looking though a cookbook, we may come across a recipe that we weren’t looking for and those can end up being a hidden treasure!
So I thought I would share with you a list of my most favorite cookbooks of all time.
1. My number one favorite cookbook is always the original Betty Crocker Cookbook . There are so many versions on Amazon, so I linked the latest edition, 2016 version. The one I use the most is an older version (1991). I think any of them are great, I just love how they show you some of the most basic things about cooking and at the same time have such a wide range of recipes to try and most are so easy to follow.
2. Since I love Betty Crocker Cookbooks, I also love their Cookie Book. They also have several versions, so I linked the most recent one, a 2012 version. I actually own the 1998 version, my old one works just as well! I love all the simple recipes and my oldest daughter uses it all the time for Peanut Butter cookies!
3. I came across this one years ago at an old Waldens Bookstore. 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus. This one is full of great recipes! I have used it so much over the years. It’s laid out to have a menu plan for every day of the year. I like how it goes along with the seasons and it also has dessert recipes in between months. This is definitely a treasure!
4. I love my crock pot so much and so when I saw this cookbook at Ollie’s several years ago, I had to get it! 1001 Slow Cooker Recipes. I have used so many recipes in this one and have marked a lot more to try soon! Most of these are very simple recipes which is what I love. I think a good slow cooker cookbook is a must have!
5. One Pot Meals is one by the Gooseberry Patch series of cookbooks. I love that series and have a bunch of them, but this one is my favorite. I love the idea of a one pot meal, that means a lot less work for me! I have found a lot of good recipes in this one, from slow cooker to desserts.
6. I got this Hershey’s Chocolate Lovers Cookbook many years ago when my family went to the Hershey Chocolate Factory in Hershey, PA. This is what I chose for my souvenir and I have never been sorry! I have made many recipes out of this one and they are all great!
So there you have 6 of my most favorite cookbooks! What are your favorite cookbooks? I’d love to hear from you, as I’m always excited to find great new cookbooks to try!
Happy Cooking and many blessings!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”