On August 6, 1994 around 9pm I met someone who forever changed my life. After that moment, I was no longer “just Amy”. I became part of something so much more amazing than I could ever have imagined. I became half of “Amy & Jason”. This may sound cliché, but from the moment we looked into each others eyes, it was like our souls connected and we’ve been one ever since.
This picture was taken the summer we met, Summer of 1994. I had just graduated from High School. I was 18 years old and he was 17.
We got married two years later on October 12, 1996 and will be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary this October!
With our 20th Anniversary coming up, I have been thinking a lot about how we’ve been so incredibly blessed in our marriage. We have been through so much together and have definitely had our ups and downs as with any marriage, but I’m so thankful that we have worked hard at this marriage together and made it to our 20th as a team. It seems like every time I turn around I hear about marriages falling apart and it makes me realize how truly blessed I am.
And so with all of this in mind, I decided to write about all the reasons why even after 22 years of being together he still can make my heart race and I love him so much more now than I ever did when we first met.
- He loves the Lord with all his heart. He has a very “quiet” faith, but it is there 100%.
- He just loves spending time with me. We went for so long with him working in retail and having to be gone nights and weekends. Now that he is out of retail, every weekend is such a gift to us and as much as possible we spend the entire weekend together.
- He makes me laugh. We love laughing together. One of the fun things about being with someone for 22 years is that you have so many inside jokes and memories.
- He is my #1 supporter in anything I ever try to do. He is there working hard to make it happen, whatever it is I’m working on or want to accomplish. Like this blog, he has spent many hours figuring things out to help me.
- His passion. He is so passionate about things he loves.
- He is such a hard worker and provider for our family. Every single thing he sets forth to do, he does it with everything he has in him.
- He is so selfless and giving. He always puts himself last.
- He is an amazing father. I love seeing him with the kids, they really bring out the best in him. He loves them so much. He is one of those guys who was just born to be a father.
- He gives the best hugs when I’ve had a rough day with the kids.
- He is my best friend and confidant. He will listen to all my troubles and never judges me.
- He shows me he loves me every single day and always makes me feel beautiful and loved.
So there are just a few reasons….the list could go on forever. I want to encourage you to appreciate your husband and all that he does for you and your family. Don’t waste any time, just tell him every day that you love him. You never know what is around the corner and we need to protect our marriages above all else.
Here we are now, after 22 years together!